JH Staffing Services https://www.jhtechnical.com/files/2015/04/jh-social-logo.png http://www.jhtechnical.com http://www.jhtechnical.com true
Structural Designer (Level 1)
Robinson Township, PA US
2023-04-18 2023-08-31 Industry: Engineering Job Number: Req-4359 Pay Rate: Negotiable
An established engineering firm, located west of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Structural Designer (Level 1).
- Responsible for assisting and performing any requested structures design tasks, such as checking designs, performing calculations (hydrologic and hydraulic), foundation submissions, shop drawings, and final structure designs, while working as part of a team on small to medium scale projects. Projects include bridge, culvert and wall structures for PennDOT and the PA Turnpike Commission.
- Provide basic design services and basic engineering support in response to department needs.
- Assist in the development of design plans and supporting materials.
- Check hydrologic calculations (Stream Gauge Analysis, Rational Method, Regression methods), hydraulic models (HY-8, HEC-RAS), PSLRFD, STLRFD, and BXLRFD designs, quantities, cost estimates, QA forms, submittal letters, preliminary substructure designs (ABLRFD), geometry (Cogo-PC), deck elevations, and review simpler submissions (e.g., railings, fences, SIP forms, scuppers and expansion dams).
- Demonstrate an understanding and ability to apply knowledge of industry codes, standards, and computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Check the work of the experienced PEs to gain insight into the engineering process.
- Limited local travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering required; willingness to take FE exam
- Minimum of 1 year of related structural design and/or engineering experience
- Familiarity with PennDOT, WVDOH and ODOT programs, systems and standards desired
- Working knowledge of MicroStation software desired; AutoCAD a plus
- Familiarity with Deltek Ajera Project Management software a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal