JH Staffing Services https://www.jhtechnical.com/files/2015/04/jh-social-logo.png http://www.jhtechnical.com http://www.jhtechnical.com true
Sewickley, PA US
2022-08-25 2023-05-19 Industry: Engineering Job Number: Req-4292 Pay Rate: Negotiable
An established engineering firm, located just north of Pittsburgh, PA, is seeking a Structural Drafter.
- Responsible for creating drawings, layouts and designs of various structures and foundations.
- Examine and design façade, roof, building construction and site elements related to their effect on the building’s overall performance.
- Analyze the performance of a building as it relates to the structural elements, building envelope and surrounding site conditions related to the overall aspect of building construction.
- Prepare design/analysis specifications and calculations for active projects.
- Analyze schematic layouts of structural framing by using applied software for the analysis, interpretation, and design of structural components.
- Ensure contractors adhere to the contract documents (field/office) and prepare summary documentation for presentation with results of investigations.
- Prepare technical reports, ensuring structure and language utilized is easily understood by clients and grammatically correct.
- Assist and maintain project schedules, change orders and budgets.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design, with a concentration in structural and/or civil disciplines
- Minimum of 2 years related of structural drafting and design experience in the civil engineering and/or construction industries
- Any experience with building envelope assessment and/or design in support of various building projects and initiatives preferred
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit Autodesk
- Understanding of processes, compliance, and other design consulting and construction professionals
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm